Spring is in the air and the daffodils are pushing up through the ground in Prospect Park. However, the appearance of these cheerful yellow flowers means that the hot humid days of summer are not too far away. Therefore, you should be turning your attention away from your heating system and towards your air conditioning unit(s). People who neglect to schedule a regular air conditioning tune-up with a Park Slope plumbing HVAC company are often the ones whose units unexpectedly fail during some of the most uncomfortable months of the year.
It Is Best Not to Be Penny Wise and Pound Foolish
For the minor expense of an expert tune-up, breakdowns in the middle of an August heatwave can be avoided. A tune-up will provide your unit with a longer lifespan, and it will operate safely and with more efficiency, saving you money on energy costs in the long run.
A Comprehensive Tune-Up Includes the Following:
- Thorough cleaning of the condenser coils. This increases efficient operation of the unit and reduces wear and tear.
- Examination of the level of coolant. This may need to be topped up to help maintain the best operating performance.
- Lubrication of all moving parts. This prevents friction and wear.
- Calibration of the thermostat to ensure proper operation of the unit.
- Inspection of all ductwork for possible energy loss.
- Check up and tightening (where necessary) of all electrical connections to ensure safe system operation.
- Evaluation of the performance of the blower motor and the state of the blower belt.
These are just the primary checks that a trained HVAC technician will carry out. While you should regularly change the air filter yourself, you need an expert to give your unit a thorough once over to protect it and the quality of your indoor air – and also to save you money. Get in touch with ………………………………….. today to schedule an appointment.